By Sporty45
I am doing the upholstery in my car and came across this backing on some of the upholstery on the rear side panels. It is a paper based material that is like the thickness of material in a shirt box, but has a tar paper type of texture. I want to replace it in the new upholstery, but not sure what to even look for. The pic shows what it looks like. I would re-use it, but as you can tell from the pic it is kind of crumbly. Any ideas on what I can use?
By Rhonda
upholstery strip it looks like, i use it to staple the back of chairs usually , i buy it by the roll.
But they may be other answers , that know more about the material. Question does it really need it.
Sporty45 liked this
By Sporty45
I can't say for sure that it really needs it, but it does appear to be a reinforcement for the attachment point. I have found upholstery tack strip doing a google search, but it doesn't look wide enough to me. Plus it doesn't have that tar paper appearance that I'm guessing is to make it waterproof?

Here's a link to what I found:
https://www.amazon.com/House2Home-Uphol ... WDR8&psc=1
By Sporty45
Thanks Rhonda, but that is tack strip, which I am going to need need too, but it is 3/8" thick. The stuff I am looking for is only about 1/16" thick. I have some ABS sheet that is about the same thickness as the paper type stuff that might work if I can't find the original stuff. I guess it really just needs to be a reinforcement strip.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]