By fibersport
I'm upholstering some Jeep seats. The original foam is molded but over the years, has some issues. There are some tears and rips and an area that the foam is missing. I was wondering what others would use to do some foam repairs. I was thinking also of adding some foam pretty much over the whole seat. I was leaning towards using some 1/2" overall. Any comments on firmness too? Thanks -
By Rhonda
you need to try to fill in the tears or glue the rips and missing foam maybe band-aid them with a patch! before you add the 1/2 inch foam to make it smoother ! can't wait to see other comments on this without replacing all the foam. Foam is expensive right now , just for 5 yards of 1/2 inch 5 yards of sew foam was over a 150.00
By JimmieJoe
For a thin section of foam I would use Q61. As Rhona mention you need to repair the foam before you cap it with the 1/2” I typically use a foam cutter to get smooth areas and then glue new foam in. You can then shape the glued in foam with the foam cutter.
By fibersport
I realize I need to fill in the foam, the question really is what kind of foam? I know there are different durometers (firmness) of foams, just looking for some direction on what to use and maybe where to get it. I've seen foam descriptions as "soft" or "firm" but putting those descriptions into actual material is the tough part. I think I recall seeing a box of various foam pieces of the different types offered, I want to say it was Sailrite but I could be wrong, I'll check later today.
By fibersport
I realize I need to fill in the foam, the question really is what kind of foam? I know there are different durometers (firmness) of foams, just looking for some direction on what to use and maybe where to get it. I've seen foam descriptions as "soft" or "firm" but putting those descriptions into actual material is the tough part. I think I recall seeing a box of various foam pieces of the different types offered, I want to say it was Sailrite but I could be wrong, I'll check later today.

Just checked on Q61 - never heard that description before but maybe that's the one that might work. Thanks for the replies -
By JimmieJoe
For an auto seat Q31 is probably too soft, but good for a medical table. Q41 maybe be good if you need thick pieces, but for thin piece Q61 is probably what you need.

There is also HCI for HCI would go with 70.
By Rhonda
Yes , thats albrights.

The good thing about using them , is you can usually get them the next day. I just have to pass the cost on to the customer. Right now , things are tight with people.
I always get my material cost up front. Because i have done work and it set for weeks cause they dont have the money to pay.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]