You should probably start by finding out how much a hide in the color your wife wants will cost.
There is a lot of scrap when working with leather as hides are an irregular shape.
1 hide is typically 55square feet.
The back of the chair, the front of the back and the seat are all large pieces.
charlotte Fabrics has a ultrahyde pro material , you cant hardly tell the difference between leather or it. i pay around 26.95 a yard , you have to become a dealer to buy it at that price.
I have a business name so really all i had to do was register. it has a lifetime warranty . I have never had a problem with the company or the material.
Buy a yard of pvc or faux leather and a yard of tack strip or try to reuse the original. Do one back and put it back on, all you will need for tools are scissors and a rubber mallet.

If you decide to buy 15 yards of material, a roll of tack strip, thread, a button maker and staple gun you just have the time to put into them. I would estimate 50 hours bare minimum for you to do the chairs.
Are you simply copying the existing upholstery, or are you changing it?
Do you have all of the tools required?

Did your wife picks color that would allow you to purchase ready made buttons, or do you need to make your own buttons to match the material your wife picked?
Make sure you have the right tools . I used a regulator on the folds . but you can make one of those. Do not use the cloth pattern as a pattern . Because the vinyl will fold differently.
Take your time. The corners you may have to make some cuts , to get it to lay right. measure , measure , measure.
Thanks all.

What tools do I need? I have a small nail/staple gun.

I plan to use the vinyl that Rhonda recommended, instead of the cloth. Can I be successful if I upholster over the cloth?

I think we can simplify things and avoid the tufting - was planning to batting in the holes and recover foam with batting to create a new foundation.

Thanks again.
Redcoat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:48 am Thanks all.

What tools do I need? I have a small nail/staple gun.

I plan to use the vinyl that Rhonda recommended, instead of the cloth. Can I be successful if I upholster over the cloth? It's really easy to separate the base from the back and

I think we can simplify things and avoid the tufting - was planning to batting in the holes and recover foam with batting to create a new foundation.

Thanks again.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]