General discussions about our craft and industry.
By fibersport
Please excuse the newbie question but does anyone know if there is a direct relationship to using the thread from the bobbin vs winding the bobbin? To ask another way, if I put on a full bobbin and start winding a new one at the same time, will I run out about the same time as I fill the new one? I suppose there are a bunch of variables but it might help a new sewer to judge when it's time to change bobbins rather than running out.
By Adam12
The bobbin winding should finish long before you run out in the machine. I can usually hear a difference when the bobbin runs out
By JimmieJoe
If you machine does not have an M or larger bobbin. You are going to be better off in the long run learning how to deal with running out of bobbin thread and loading a new one, then continuing the stitch without making it look like there was a break in the thread. My machines only have G bobbins in them and with larger threads the bobbins do not hold enough to complete a project before running out. Particularly if you are use something larger than 207. Even with 92 I am constantly running out of bobbin thread on projects it just does not go very far.
Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin: