By Jimmyboy
I am a new member here and would like to ask everyone, what is or has been your best and most efficient marketing strategy to attract customers?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Happy thanksgiving
By Matt Hamblin
@Jimmyboy , i would say no matter the money spent on marketing, in this business type your best advertising is word of mouth. Doesn't go around fast but a good reputation and a few good reviews can make it to where the phone blows up. Depends on what type of work you do, but going to events and getting in front of people is another way to develop relationships with potential customers and develop a brand recognition in your community. Ive spent tons on different advertising and put stuff on social media but that doesn't necessarily reap the benefits in my experience. Customer service is a people first business.

Hope that helps!
Adam12 liked this
By Adam12
I'd have to agree, word of mouth is my only strategy and my shop stays busy. I do see lots of people post on FB or Instagram but i am not much into social media myself. My best source for customers has been the marina where i slip my boat. A couple small jobs for myself and my friend's/family's boats was all it took, but i am lucky enough to live in an area with a large boating community. If you do good work and deliver in a timely manner, customers will find you. Just get yourself some business cards to pass out.
By Jimmyboy
Adam and Matt,
Thanks for the replies. I am booked now and the next couple of months but haven’t had many new inquiries lately. Maybe it’s just the holidays and hope that it’s not a result of an economic slow down. I am used to having 4 or more months of backlog and trying to transition away from CNC contract work. I expect more interest after the new year holiday. Potential customers will be preparing for spring or so I hope.

Time will show.

Thanks again.
Matt Hamblin liked this
By Rhonda
I get projects get backed up and as soon as I caught up and wonder when the next job is. The phone is ringing or someone catches me out. If you’re good they will find you.
By BanTisin
If you've got some budget to spare, think about online advertising. Platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads allow you to target specific groups of people, ensuring your message reaches the right crowd.
Encourage your happy customers to leave reviews on platforms like Google My Business or industry-specific review sites. Positive reviews can boost your credibility.
Now, when it comes to boosting your online presence, you can buy YouTube views instantly to increase the visibility of your videos. Remember, it's not just about the numbers; it's about creating a meaningful connection with your audience.

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: