By Janet
Hi,
I am trying to get this seat cover on- the metal part of the frame does not line up - it is like a pillow where the corners don't line up- but this is the seat frame metal not lining up- making it hard to get a good fit. When I try to put padding in it make it worse- I am trying to pull the vinyl from the back to that side but is won't stay- I am stumped - not sure what to try next.
By Janet
Thank you for your response Rhonda - It is possible - It is just that I have been carefully following John's instructions and all the other corners match. On this curve I can see that the metal frame does not line up evenly where each of the others do. I need to figure out how to adjust for the uneven fit. Somewhere I need to make an adjustment.
By Janet
The pattern that I took off the seat was what I followed- it was old - some of the corners were tight and uneven- not smooth edges -maybe from the vehicle sitting in the sun.
By Rhonda
usually you will have one side better than the other , cut the best side out, flip it to cut the other side out. that way everything will come out even a little better. with old material it does stretch out of shape and its hard to get an accurate pattern sometimes.
By Janet
Hi Rhonda,
Thank you for your help.
Do I use that same pattern for the front and back so that the rounded corners match- laying the good piece on top of the piece I am marking, marking on the back side?
By Rhonda
when using the best pattern piece , from one side , when laying it out cut one piece , then flip that pattern piece to do the other side of the seat ,
1. out side , insert- middle of seat, outside of seat. the two outside pieces should match each other .

I have some basic upholstery experience but have b[…]

Boat project

Wow, that's a lot of curves for your first project[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]