By Ddedman
I'm sorry to be posting so many Newby questions but I need alot of help evidently. I'm working on more pontoon boats seats (seems to be the trend). Are there any tips to fitting the vynil around the curve especially when your by yourself. So far I have ripped the bottom corners out trying to fit it. Maybe I need a helper.

The green section is the one I'm having problems getting attached.
By BigRig
@John, can you help this guy out? It is new to him and he is clearly an established trimmer.
By BigRig
@Ddedman , what are you doing mostly out of that shop? Why the Pontoon boats showing up?
By Sully
Have you tied leaving the cover in the sun for a bit, or warming it up, before you put it on to make stretching it a bit easier?
By Ddedman
Yeah and also applied steam to it. I really don't think there is an easy option unless I have another set of hands. Maybe two sets. As far as what I work on it's mostly marine right now( we had a large hail storm causing lots of damage) but I'll take in most anything.
By BigRig
@Ddedman , just read your last posting. I get it now and in my opinion marine is a son of a gun you need to stretch the inch you can grab onto two inches. I use the heat gun a lot it takes a LOT of heat
By Ddedman
I did end up getting this completed. Failed to take a picture though. I ended up using lots of steam, weighted sand bags resting on area to slowly stretch vynil some relief cuts and more steam. Took a few days time of letting it conform. Thanks all.

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]