Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
This machine sews beautifully has only 02 hours of service on it however the MAXIMUM amount of stitches it is set for is 7.5 per inch. I need to get this fixed and want to try on my own before sending to a shop. It is just a dust collector right now.
By Adam12
Here is what I would do. Set your stitch length until you get an even 7spi. Loosen the set screw on the dial indicator here
Then press the stitch length button in the bed and rotate the hand wheel until it just sets. Turn the stitch indicator so you see 7 in the window and tighten the set screw.
As always, mark the original position of anything you adjust so you can put it back if it doesn't work or causes another issue.
Revv Up liked this
By BigRig
@Adam12 , there are two screw holes, loosened one by the #4 and it is now sewing 07 spi beautifully and plunging the stitch length button now the whell wont move at all to adjust the stitch length.
By Adam12
@BigRig, that is quite puzzling. The stitch indicator disc does not interact with other parts or have limiting abilities as far as I know. If you set it back to where it was does it go back to square one? Here is an excellent adjusters video for your machine by a wizard level mechanic i follow. See if this helps, the stitch length is addressed early in the video.

Perhaps i left something out
By Adam12
Looking back at the pic of the machine and notice this reverse limiter. It is possible that the indicator disc had been in its correct position and that this screw could be keeping the reverse paddle from rebounding completely which in turn could shorten the stitch length. Just a thought.
By BigRig
Oh that is interesting. I am going to go back up to the machine and fool around with it now.
By BigRig
@Adam12 , well wheeled the stitch regulator wheel around enough to a point where it would not move the foot at all. I got it back to stitching 7 spi and locked it down. If it sews at that it is better than nothing. I have a load of cover work to do and I want the machine to sew. I may be looking for a trade in after this job if a car comes around ha ha. Thanks Adam!
door card material

Any suggestions for a door card material suitable […]

MarineVinylFabric ?

Has anyone used Marine Vinyl Fabric vinyl for thei[…]

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]