Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By MalcolmM
Does anyone have experience with 80 series staples? 12.5 mm crown, and the Sailrite upholstery stapler? Looking to upgrade to a long nose stapler, currently using T50 series manual and pneumatic flat base staplers.
By Bohdan
I have an Omer 3G/71series (Italian) and it's a fantastic unit. I know Fasco is another popular and high-quality product. I don't have a long nose yet but mine has a 1" barrel and it's a night and day difference from a flat base stapler. For tools, I always stay with something of higher quality like a Senco, Fasco, Omer or BEA. I think a lot of sailrite products are rebranded offshore clones. Check what you're able to get parts for the easiest as it will vary with your location.
MalcolmM liked this
By Mikesimpson
I've got one of the Sailrite long nose staplers. Works pretty well. But you have to remember to use the 21 gauge staples in it. I was using my normal 20 gauge staples in it at first and had nothing but problems. But that was my fault for not reading what staples to use.
MalcolmM liked this
By John
Cant go wrong with a BEA in my opinion. They will last you a lifetime.
Its like my buddy Tony always says "John. With tools you can either buy the best and cry once or buy cheep and cry every time you have to replace it" :joy:
MalcolmM liked this
By MalcolmM
Is the 2" nose more useful than the 1"? I have only used flat staplers before and can definitely see the advantage. The 1" staplers are a bit less.
By John
I personally have gotten by just fine my 1". I can see where the long nose would come in handy on some projects. I think they are more need when doing furniture. I do almost no furniture so I haven't needed one.
MalcolmM liked this
By JimmieJoe
I agree that a 2” can be useful on furniture. I just worked on a recliner with a mechanical headrest inside the back. The upholstery was attached in a recessed area and I had to put the staple in at an angle because I only have short nosed staplers, but a long nose would have allowed me to put the staples in straight. Otherwise I can get by with a short nose stapler even in furniture if the staples don’t have to go in straight.
John, MalcolmM liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: