Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By SmokinSCustoms
Yeah, fighting with this motor is costing me time and time is $$. Dealing with these big panels you've got a lot of material in your face and in the machine and not being able to control it like I want is a major hindrance.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
IMG_3380.JPG (465.78 KiB) Viewed 21571 times
By HHand
You will never regret getting a servo motor. The noise level of a clutch motor is enough to make anyone sew crooked! I have a Juki 1541s with a servo. It gives me good control at about 970 stitches. It goes way faster but I agree, who needs to sew that fast? Check out Cutsew.com.
John liked this
By SmokinSCustoms
BigRig wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:25 am @SMokin your motor is Kobe Japan right?
Here's all I know about it. I hit up the ol google with the model# and it brought up Consew motors. I'm guessing they are pretty much the same motor.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
IMG_3386.JPG (817.26 KiB) Viewed 21563 times
By John
Diamondback wrote:If people are having a issue with pedal control. take a tennis ball and put under treadle. You now have resistance. No more fast take off.
That is such a cool idea! Ive never heard of that. Thanks for sharing.
By BigRig
@SmokinSCustoms
That casing looks like it is Kobe Japan.

My motor is DC 550, Yours is FL 550

My RPM goes from 0-3450, Your 0-3600

I would ask for a motor exchange, mine is amazing really.
John liked this
By LeatherJohnny
Thank you very much for this great forum, and I have just joined you, hoping to learn and share about this very interesting craft :wink:

I'm located in spain and English is not my native language, so I hope not to make many mistakes :sweat:

In relation to servomotors in industrial sewing machines, I had the same problem when I purchased my PFAFF 1245... I thought that all servomotors allowed to sew very slowly, but I was mistaken. My machine came from the dealer with a servomotor Esda YX 800W, and its slowest speed was too fast for me... I talked to the dealer about it and he agreed to exchange the motor for a Ho Hsing G60 600W, as I read very good reviews about this servomotor, and the difference is like night and day...

I uploaded a video to YouTube where you can see the difference in speed between the old and the new motor:

I'm very happy with the new motor, and I still have not had any problem sewing different thicknesses leather with it, always using the ppropiate leather needles :relaxed:
By John
Hi @LeatherJohnny Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you here.
Thanks for sharing your experience with servo motors. I personally haven't seen a servo motor that didn't go slow . But looks like you did. Thats why I started this forum. I haven't seen it all. But together we have all seen a lot!

That Pfaff 1245 is an awesome machine! You guys seem to have easier access to the nicer machines over there. A lot of places don't carry Pfaff and Adler here in the us.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By BigRig
@John you don't see them here either really. most everything is much the same some machines I think are like upholstery vinyl rebranded.
By LeatherJohnny
Thank you very much again for the great forum, which I'm sure that will be a total success!! :relaxed:

Here in Europe we also have limited availability of sewing machines and servomotors that you can easily purchase over there, and I also have problems to find four way stretch vinyl and other upholstery supplies that you can easily get in the US... with one or other equipment and supplies, this forum will be very helpful to learn more! :wink: :wink: :wink:
John liked this
By BigRig
@leatherjohnny,

I have 02 yards of black 04 way stretch here not sure what to use it on. It is thin stuff maybe it is harder to import items like machines. European machine are most likely made from a different casting material than current imports here.
By John
@LeatherJohnny Haha yeah we have 4 way stretch vinyl. You guys have the best leather at reasonable prices. Haha I think Spain wins :wink:

@BigRig I wish they were rebranded. They are actually Chinese copies.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By LeatherJohnny
From time to time, when I buy a new motorcycle (scooter), because I'm tall I have to add foam to the seat and reupholster it and I guess that if I used four way stretch vinyl it would be easier to conform it to the foam? Until now I have used regular vinyl and I would not mind using that one in the future :grin: :grin:

And in relation with leather, yes, I'm aware that over here we have lots of good options, and there are always British or Italian hydes to choose from if we decide to or we need them :relaxed: I purchased and began using my industrial sewing machine only some months ago and I still have not had the opportunity to upholster many things, but I love to work with leather and I would like to do as many projects as I can, so I hope to learn a lot in this forum and enjoy reading your very interesting contributions :wink:
John liked this
By BigRig
@Leather Johnny, next time you get yourself a new scooter let me know. If I have enough 4-way stretch material kicking around I will send you enough to recover your scooter seat. Every project will help you learn. I got my rear end kicked on my last one but learned a lot from it and it will turn out ok.
LeatherJohnny, John liked this
By LeatherJohnny
Thank you so much for your offer :wink: I still have not tried to find every possible way to get this type of vinyl over here, but if I don't find it I will contact you for sure, and, given that it will be in some time, I hope to practice enough to do a good job :smiley:
By Miker
My clutch motor tips:
    swap pulley size for a 50mm
      learn to use your whole body to apply pressure to your feet - pivot forward and feel the weight increase - I find it much easier to feather in that way.

I'm sure there are advantages to clutch motors too - they just seem to bring so much more punching power to the table (literally)
      LeatherJohnny, John liked this
      Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: