Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Hope Komla
I currently got a White (Jeans Machine)model 1122. Look same as Model 1077.
It came without the manual but I managed to get the Model 1077 manual which seems to provide a guide. However, the challenge is I'm not able to use big needs like size 23 in it.
My concern though is, do we have specific needles designed for upholstery work?

And I will be grateful if I could be helped with the manual for this machine.

Thank you.
By Bondo497
@Hope Komla
Hey I found an instruction manual for your machine at sewingpartsonline.com.
PDF version is $9.99 and hard copy is $14.99.
As far as needle size, it is determined by what what size thread you will be using. I would think a size 17 needle would be plenty big enough for upholstery work unless you are wanting to do decorative stitches like baseball size but size 92 or 69 thread is the norm.
Hope Komla liked this
By BigRig
@Hope Komla ,

Bondo was right on the money and remember the smaller your needle the more skilled you will have to be sewing. I keep #92 threaded with a size 20 needle.
By Cale
Since I got my LSZ machine I have been using a #20 needle w/V92 thread. I have been unsatisfied with the way that it looks. The holes from the needle look too big for the thread. I have tried different tensions and even replaced the needles thinking that they were getting dull. But, always the same look. I even tried different brands of V92 thread to see if there were any differences in them. Would a smaller needle help make the holes less pronounced? Or am I doing something else wrong?
By IvanD
It’s your material. Too thin. And too firm. Black thread is stiffer than other colors. #20 R point is good for 92 thread
By John
I would use size 18. Size 20 is over kill. Also your over all thread tension could be too tight causing it to stretch out those holes.
By BigRig
@Cale,

I was looking at your boot picture yesterday and thought your needle holes were getting stretched off. I us the #20 needle with #92 thread too but almost all my sewing is through thick arse foam right now. Try that smaller needle size and lets see what it looks like.
John liked this
By Cale
@BigRig
I have smaller needles on order. I am actually getting a couple of different sizes so that I can experiment.
John liked this
By Cale
So I got my needles and did some tests. I can go down to a 16 and still get good results. However, sewing fast seems to break the thread with the smaller needle.

As for my other issue, it looks like it migjt actually be the material that is stretching making the holes look bigger.
John liked this
By Cody
@Cale going by the white material it appears your tensions are still off. The top stitch is too flat and is pulling the bottom thread up, seeing your loop. This will give the illusion the hole is larger when it’s really the thread showing. This may be another reason your top thread is breaking. Not the needle so much but the tension is too high and breaking on the up stroke.
By BigRig
@Cody,@Cale, Cody is right on this one and this is exactly the problem I had with my machine and just could not get it resolved.

I finally took it to a real Industrial sewing machine repair shop and problems got solved.
By John
Yes you guys are right. Just one thing to note. it looks like on the white fabric cale was sewing through 1 layer. You will never get the not to hide when your sewing through 1 layer.
Cale liked this
Glue spraying question

Yes. I found a quart size pot that I use.

Purple Diamonds.

I kinda did the same thing although I have diffe[…]

1984 corvette seat

Leather is not cheap that's for sure, especially u[…]

Ford F250 project

Are you sourcing the embroidery file or making it […]