General discussions about our craft and industry.
Hello all! Good to have you all on the forum. You all have made great influence on me and "hat off"to you all!

But i have some worries which I know everyone has ever thought of. First of all,this trade demands great standing and long hours of seating. What measures could be taken to reduce dire health problems in the future?

I am very much interested after reading some few ergonomics.
1. Use of air tools and tools in general.
2. Work place space.
3. Fire safety
4. Stress and work. etc.

one world book of wisdom says, "in consultations there is success"

:grin:
I would recommend moving as much as possible, my day job is driving a truck and it's not good on my body to sit for hours at a time so I stop every now and then to stretch my legs. With any profession you will have hazards and tolls on your body so just take care and be aware of what those are you having to encounter and do what's nessasary to remain healthy and safe.
I don't know if I answered any of your questions but that's all I know to do.
One thing you mentioned was tools. Use the right tool for the job. I shattered my wrist about 7 years ago and it not has arthritis bad. I’m only 34 lol. My dad who’s almost 70 can move his wrist better than me. Our hands and arms take a beating in this professional. Don’t make it harder on yourself. Use the tool that’s easiest and less fatiguing. Proper table work height also, mine is too low and I hunch over too often. I’m gonna raise it up, but it hurts the back after awhile. Like @Bondo497 said, Movement. I’m always moving to the music. If I don’t have music on, stay out I’ll be crabby
Bondo497 liked this
A big mistake I have made is building my work table to match the height on my sewing table without considering raising the sewing table. Same like cody. I recommend to set your sewing machine table to a height that is comfortable to work on while standing up and then build your lay out table to match. My lay out table is far to low and my lower back gets tired after working at it for long periods.

Also don't be like me and not wear a respirator when spraying glue. You should wear one even though its annoying.
Bondo497 liked this
What height are most of your sewing machines/ work tables? I made mine 30 inches but wonder if that is tall enough and am getting ready to build new work table so I really can't change it much after it is done I'm big ole boy at 6' 4" tall . I haven't had much time to work with my sewing as I decided to remodel a building we built to temporary live in while restoring this house (wife was born here) . So when we finished house I put all of my power woodworking tools in there with the thought of one day making it woodworking shop . Also walled of a 15'x25' room for sewing. Got all of the cabinets painted and now for the paint on the walls :persevere: Some more 220 outlets to run and the ductwork for the dust collector and do something with all of the oak lumber I have left over

Sorry for rambling on but kinda want to get advice on height of table. Thought about raising it but not sure
John liked this
I built my tables at 36" the same as standard kitchen counter height. I'm 6'-1" and a 30" height was killing my back.

I also built a 6" tall platform for the sewing machine and chair to sit on, so its a step up to sit at the machine. Now the machine and table are the same height and its a lot more comfortable to cut out my materials.
John liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]