By fibersport
Any suggestions for a door card material suitable for a Jeep? Obviously any paper or wood product won't hold up for very long, looking for something that I might be able to pick up at a home center? If not, on-line ordering would be fine. Just looking for some suggestions.
By LLeeT
Some folks are using ABS. Available from Lowes or Home Depot.
By LLeeT
I don't know about sewing thru it. It can be stapled. I use mostly water resistant door cards and never had the need to sew thru it.
By Ron Henningsen
You can not sew through the black ABS plastic sheeting. As mentioned it can be stapled and in fact holds staples almost better than wood but it can't be sewen.
I sometimes use it on slightly curved doors and clamp it in place and then heat it go make it conform to the slight curve of the door.
Hope this info helps.
By Ron Henningsen
The thickest I have ever used is 3/16" and that is for door panels and other areas where I need some strength and support. 1/8" is far more common but you have to watch the staple length sometimes.
I just got done doing a lawn tractor seat redo/redesign and I clamped it and then heated it to get it to curve to follow the metal seat shape. It's pretty easy to shape. Cutting follow what John shows in his training. Box cotter knife and then snapping the material on the score line. Yes it will follow the score line if you handle it correctly . Sometimes it takes a practice cut or two to get the hang of it.
LLeeT liked this
Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin: