By fibersport
Has anyone used Marine Vinyl Fabric vinyl for their boating projects? I'm planning on re-doing my boat seats and it seems that they might be a decent source for material. My boat sees very little use and is in the garage most of the time so I think I might not have to go with a name brand.
By Swampy16
I’m just getting started with upholstery. We just bought a new Sailrite sewing machine and I got supplies from them to make new combing pads. They have different grades of vinyl. I bought a less expensive one and it looks half decent. You may want to check them out. They pretty much have everything you could imagine.
By WILD BILL
I used some of there stuff when redoing my boat. It was my first project.

It seems pretty decent enough considering the price. Definitely doesn't have that same "feel" as some of the better materials out there but so far it's been a couple years getting used almost every weekend fishing and so far so good.

You can some pics here in my intro post.....

WILD BILL @ New guy from Ohio saying Hi

The white, navy blue, and black came from them. The light blue and gray from ebay and is defiantly a better/ softer material.

I'd use it again on a personal project but I think for a customer only if they REALLY wanted to save some money.
By WILD BILL
Oh, I also used there clear vinyl to redo the side windows of my camper top.

No complaints with any of it really. I just think there are better feeling vinyls out there.
By fibersport
Thanks for all the replies, that job on your boat turned out fantastic. Can you share the supplier you use from ebay? At least knowing which one it was will allow me to do a comparison. I have a contact where I can get a name brand vinyl but the price is a bit high, hard to justify spending that much when the boat sits most of the time - but I still want to put something decent in it too.
By fibersport
swampy16 - I've looked at a lot of Sailrite things, I like their videos too. Prices seem kind of high too but honestly I have not heard anyone complain about their customer service or their products. I had thought of buying their servo motor at one time but went with an analog one instead.
By WILD BILL
The seller was https://www.ebay.com/str/greatlakesskipper.

They also have there own site.

I know the material I got was a discontinued material but I only needed a couple yds.

AS I'm trying to start my own business, I've ordered complete samples packs from Albright and Rochford as well as MVF.

Based on those, the closest I could find and what I would use if I was doning it over would the the Armada line from Albrights.

https://www.albrightssupply.com/product ... ?qs=ARMADA

It seems to have the same feel as the stuff I got from ebay which I believe is spradling proquinal vinyl.

At least I can make out proquinal faintly on the bakside.
By WILD BILL
Really, The only reason I didn't use Marine Vinyl Fabric for the whole project was they didn't have the gray or the light blue in a shade that either matched the OE (which is what I was going for ) or was close enough and I really liked.

The feel isn't bad per se. It's quite comfortable and I'll bet most people who've either seen or been on the boat since would notice a thing but I know I can when I have the 2 side by side.

Best I can tell you is don't be afraid to order samples until you find what your happy with. I can't tell you how many samples I got untill I found the ones that were +just right+

Your patience will be rewarded.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]