Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Ojelela
Hi,

It's brand new machine, 3 weeks old from Amazon, and it jammed on me.

video link

I cleared up tangled tread off bobbin, but he was still getting stuck right away till I removed bobbin from casing.

I didn't find anything wrong down there, just put it back together and it worked.

For 5 minutes... Then it jammed again.

Tried the same procedure again, but now it didn't helped.

Tangles up right away after second stitch.

I even tried to sew without fabric, while holding both threads, so you can see it.

Really drives me crazy, it doesn't make sense.

I hope somebody can help me

Thank you.
By WILD BILL
What size thread are you using?

From the video it looks like the thread is a bit thick for what appears to be a light duty home sewing machine.
By fibersport
I know with my Pfaff, you must have the cover closed, otherwise you will get a birdsnest underneath. Also, is there no cover for the bobbin on that machine?
By Rhonda
make sure the bobbin thread is going the right way , counter clockwise or going the other direction. I know it sounds simple , but it would cause it to be the same as you described.
By Adam12
Notice how the bobbin case is rattling around? That can't be right, it looks as if the hook is lifting it all out of position and pinching the thread as it comes around the top. I'd look into whatever holds it down/still. On vertical hook industrial machines, there is a little finger/tab that absolutely must lie in a notch on the needle plate. Don't know if that's the case on this machine but i'd definitely start there.
By Ojelela
I noticed that too, it doesn't happen when you advance it by hand and without the thread.

Here is close up of it when it happens....

By Mille
I am having the exact problem right now. It’s driving me nuts! Were you able to pinpoint when it started happening? I think mine started after sewing over a thicker corner. It’ll work again for a regular seam on quilting cotton then start acting up after a few minutes 😭

My machine is new and I’m afraid to take it apart as it could void my warranty. But I just really want to understand what I’m doing wrong (in case it’s a user error). I’m so close to returning mine ‘coz it seems like a common issue for this machine.
By JimmieJoe
Did you have a needle struck or a broken needle?

The one I had never worked right after the first needle strike. If there is a needle struck the thread is probably getting caught on the struck, so you need to remove the strike so that it does not caught the thread.

You also may not be getting the bobbins case properly lined up in the hook race. There is a little spring like switch looking this that the ban in case needs to kiss, but not be out of the race.
By Ojelela
it started happening with microfiber cloth, just out of blue, never broke or bend needle.

Took it apart again, put it back together ... and it works now like nothing happened.

I just wish I know what happened :confused:
LLeeT liked this
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]