Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By onkelb
Hello, has anyone ever tried CAD software for pattern creation? There is a company next to me that can produce cuts of fabric and leather according to DXF files. My requirement is to create the file. I have no experience with CAD and am looking for a simple program. There are special ones for car upholstery. Does anyone know this and can recommend a program?
Greetings Seb.
By JimmieJoe
The shop we work with that has a CNC cutter uses autocad, but lately has been using a 3D scanner to create the design.
By BigRig
You would have to be doing a lot of work to justify this. I have looked into it up down and all around and stick to old school pattern making
By JimmieJoe
We use it for restaurant booths, bowling alleys lane and VIP furniture and food courts. Basically things with repeats.
MalcolmM liked this
By MalcolmM
The learning curve for being decent with cad software is very steep. For the limited amount of actual need for cad in my business it's far more efficient for me to make a paper pattern and have it digitized by a professional. I have learned to do computerized embroidery and got decent at it but it took many months of solid work, I don't use cad enough to invest the same amount of time. I have a small shop, if I had dozens of employees and did repetitive work with a cnc cutter I would hire a cad operator to deal with it for me.
By onkelb
ok, so there is no real experience with pattern software. I did some research. Many professional software are too expensive and too complicated for a personal company. I discovered a software and will test “Valentina Pattern” freeware. There are some learning videos on YouTube. but I'm at the very beginning.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]