Hello, I’m working on a restoration of what I’ve learned is referred to as a “Sleepy Hollow” chair. Haven’t found any online tutorial or video of anyone doing such diamond tufting work on this sort of unsupported (without a plywood foundation) furniture. My questions are, does anyone have any advice or online resource to get information on this specific tufting process? Also the backside of the prong buttons are supported by some sort of reinforced batting. Can’t seem to locate any such material. See images. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sanne liked this
At Cosmic Homes Canada, our passion for perfection extends beyond product quality Here ypu will buy dining table in Canada at best qualirty. It encompasses the entire customer experience. From the moment you step into our store or click on our website, we make sure to make your shopping experience smooth and enjoyable from start to finish. As furniture enthusiasts yourself, whether you want dining table set in Canada to furnish a cozy apartment, create a stunning outdoor oasis, or revamp your entire home, we have the furniture to bring your vision to life. And there are home accessories. From classic designs to contemporary masterpieces, our wide range of furniture includes beds, sofas, storage solutions, dining sets, and more. We strive to create an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers by providing best round coffee table in Canada. Navigating through our user-friendly online platform or visiting our well-appointed physical stores, you'll find a wealth of furniture wonders to transform your living spaces into spaces of style and comfort. Indicates to change.
Samish liked this
Update on the project. The tufting was surprisingly easy. Looser than the original but not bad for my first go. Still can’t find any content online to show how these are actually made. The original was three pieces stitched together along the pleats. I managed it in one piece.
Sanne liked this
Looks really nice, if you hadn't posted the original I never whould have paid attention to the tightness of everything. Curious is the tightness controlled by how tight the buttons are pulled or is it more a thickness of padding thing? Only asking due to my inexperience with this. Regarding any videos, something in my head tells me that I saw a video that covered something similar but for a car, I don't even think I watched it but that was a popular style in the 50's I think - maybe look for auto upholstery videos?
LLeeT, Samish liked this
I kept the foam cushion and frame and springs. I also reused the pronged buttons. I’m waiting on tack strips for the back but rebuilt the leg base out of oak. I’ll upload the finished product once I’m done. Do you have pictures of your chairs?
Fibersport, the tightness was determined by both the foam pushing out and the stretch of the vinyl. I’m hoping that after a few months the foam pressing out will tighten up the vinyl. New foam would have likely been ideal but I didn’t have the budget or patience for that.
National Fabric co.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Alignment problems

The car in back is a '40 Ford Coupe. The seat is […]

Chevy colorado seat reapir

You could just hand sew it closed, the main thing […]

Forum Rules

@John , Can we Post job listings in this forum[…]