The first of 4 cushion covers. Even though there is coating of some kind on the inside of the fabric is frays to some extent. Wonder if and how I would prevent unraveling of the seams on the inside? I expect these to get heavy use and occasionally be removed for washing.

I was thinking about serging the raw edges after assembly but I don't want to make the seam allowance any stiffer to minimize the chance of shadowing through. In the photo of the inside you'll see there is a foam layer on the end cap to mask the lumps in the dacron that's wrapped on the foam. I'm not worried about the edge of the foam, it's the fabric that might fray especially during machine washing.

I also put a thin plastic bag on each end of dacron covered foam to ease inserting it into the cover. It crinkles a bit where the bags are when you sit on it. Is there a plastic film intended for this purpose? If so where do you get and if not what other methods make getting the foam in the cover easier?

Thanks!

can melt the edges of the material like you would get if using a hot knife on Sunbrella? That's the first thing I would try. On a scrap piece of course.

As for your second question, silk film is what you want to use for that. Available at Sailrite and many others.

Just google.....

Cushion Wrap Silk Film
sandmanred liked this
Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]

A knee lift is also REALLY nice :grin: