By DonLawson84
This may be a stupid question, but i am just a dumbass electrician that got ahold of a sewing machine.
I bought all my materials and started my boat seats, I got the 2" standard foam from sailrite (1 hard and 1 soft to layer it) and it was $$$$$$$. A friend of mine was looking at the 4'x8' foam and asked "why not use a mattress topper, its about the same thickness, can get larger sizes and cost way less".

Is there any disadvantages? I am wrapping the foam in film before going under vinyl
By fibersport
Mattress toppers are pretty soft, for boat cushions you want some stiffness to them. Also, the mattress topper might have issues with moisture if it ever gets wet - and on a boat, everything gets wet.
By Rhonda
it wont hold up ! If you do it right , it is not cheap you can find bundle deals sometimes at Albrights SUPPLY that might suit your needs!
By Mtl_Biker
I just bought some foam from Foam Factory and I'm very pleased. My use was for outdoor lawn chairs and from everything I read, I needed "DryFast" foam. Sailrite has it also, but more expensive. This foam, when it gets wet, dries out very quickly and well, and when covered with an outdoor Sunbrella fabric it probably the best option for your boat cushions.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: