Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By fibersport
I purchased an old Singer model 251 and found out about it's limitations. I picked up a Pfaff 145 which seems like a great machine. I also am looking at a Consew 206RB. I plan on doing boat and auto upholstery. The Singer obvously is not the machine for this task, the Pfaff is finally working great. I do not have the Consew yet but it will be a very good machine.

Given the choice between the Pfaff and the Consew, what would the pros and cons of both of them.
By Adam12
Both great machines, vertical vs horizontal axis bobbin is personal preference. Consew has a bigger bobbin, parts/accessories will be cheaper and easier to come by but you shouldn't be needing to replace a lot of parts on either of them. Keep them both if you have the space and set them up for different tasks. You will naturally prefer one of them eventually. But if i had to choose just 1 it would be the 206 mostly because of the M bobbin
By fibersport
That's kind of the direction I was leaning. The Pfaff needs the knee lift mechanism from the knee lift all the way up to and including the parts under and on the back of the machine. I've found the parts but they're pretty pricey. The Consew should be a fully functional and complete machine (this is through a friend). The bigger bobbin is also nice, if it were a Pfaff 545 or 1245 I would probably stay with it but the parts availability for now and the future. I agree with your thoughts, once I get the Consew I can use them both and just see which I prefer. Thanks -
By Adam12
For your foot lift, it'd be easier and cheaper to go with a foot pedal and chain set up.
Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]