Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
My little portable 90lb PSI compressor is not providing enough air pressure to run my angle grinder.

Do you guys have and suggestions for a portable compressor that will run the air grinder for the duration of a job?
By John
Haha. Air compressors are one of those things that seems like you can never have one big enough! I have a 33 gallon craftsman that Ive been abusing for over 10 years. I love it because it always gets the job done. But I hate it because like i said they are never big enough. I have to wait for it to catch up every so often. They are so loud too. Haha Ive even learned to plan the amount of glue I spray at one time because it will run out of air.

So my best answer I can give is.... Buy the biggest one that fits your budget and the space you have.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By BigRig
Really good advice! I can actually find a 2nd hand compressor that is big enough and invest in a new long hose and come out on top.
By Scott D
60 gallon tank, 3.7 hp running on 230/240 volts. it will run anything you would have. I also have a smaller 2 hp , 30 gallon tank for my glue and staple gun.
John, LeatherJohnny liked this
By BigRig
Thanks Scott for the information. I am holding out to buy a large compressor may as well make it worthwhile for everything.
By BigRig
@Edgar1985 ,

Thank you for the article. I have a 10 pound compressor and its just keeping up with all I am doing. I would go for a larger tank next purchase.
By Tom Mann
Bigger the better, For air grinders, DA sanders , and HVLP paint guns getting around 20 CFM will let you run continuous

I have some basic upholstery experience but have b[…]

Boat project

Wow, that's a lot of curves for your first project[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]