Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By DoubleA
Does anyone know where the NC 1508 machine is made? I’m looking for a new machine and am just curious. If the NC6 is produced in the same factory as Juki, does this mean the same for the 1508..? Would be nice to save some money on a quality machine. Thanks! :thumbsup:

There is a Juki 1508 for sale near me (2000$) and I’m going to look at an old Tacsew tomorrow (350$). I am just weary about used machines
By BigRig
@DoubleA , two of my machines are from the 30's to 50's John supplied and set me up with needles for the one and it is my favorite machine ever. I own a brand new Juki as well and never touch it I like the old equipment and that Tachsew may be a Consew 226 clone I would go look at it.
By Tackman
Well I have a newer Juki model LU 1510N-7 and I'd never never go back to the older machines. And I've had them all being in business over 50yrs now. And one who buys many tools over over again to try out and or replace.
A good machine will hold it's value alot so don't buy those cheap China ones. I know they are cheap..stick with Juki and get the better models they offer. Vertical hook large type.
By DoubleA
I thankfully am having pretty good luck finding some used machines in my area. I have used a clutch motor machine years ago, but it’s been about 5 years and I’m novice when it comes to what to look for (red flags) with used machines. There is a Juki dealer who can get me a fully set up 1541s for 2100 if I go pick it up. 2500 with delivery and an hour of instruction. Will probably go check out the tacsew. Any machine I buy will be changed over to servo. I did finally learn to feather the clutch motor before but if I’m sewing smaller bags or such, the slower control would be great. Thanks again for your input!
By BigRig
@Tackman , what do you like about the newer machines?
By Matt Hamblin
I was just on the phone with NC yesterday. From the sound of it they all come from the same factory but the different brands add their touches to them like switches, tables, knobs and things like that. Otherwise they are all basically the same.
By BigRig
@Matt Hamblin , do you mean all the sewing machines come from the same factory?
By DoubleA
Man. So, the same factory putting out Seiko and Juki are putting out the NC machines. The guy from my local Juki dealer said they don’t sell Seiko because it is hard to find parts, but wouldn’t this mean parts are interchangeable? And the machine is more affordable?
By Tackman
BigRig wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:20 am @Tackman , what do you like about the newer machines?
I'm talking about the Juki 1510N-7 class and it's trimmed down sisters. Vertical bobbins. They have higher foot lift, sew with amazing control, smooth running being made in Japan and many other things.

Look I understand the market is full of "upholstery/canvas" machines with prices varying on a large scale. But if you really relying of a machine day to day to make a living go with the Juki vertical bobbin types. And If you want the best performer and a machine that will make your sewing jobs faster,better,easier on you go for the LU 1510N-7. I bought one 16 yrs ago and used it fulltime. And only had one issue were I sewed 10 layers of heary upholstery leather and pushed the needle bar out of time.
I bought another one last year of the same model for my normal upholstery jobs and retired the other one for off beat jobs that might break needles or stress the machine. I also put rollers on the stand so I can roll out the machine to any where in the shop to do large tent repairs and other off beat jobs.
Like I said a good machine isn't cheap but it holds it's value in the long run.

A list of machines I've owned Singer 16-41, Singer 111w-155, 211w, Consew 226 ,Consew 206, Brother B837 (2 of them) Juki 563. Like I said the sLU 1510N-7 is by far the best machine out of all of them put together.

I was tempted to buy the Juki 2810-7 made in China but a well known canvas shop in Massachusetts told me he had one and sold it as it gave him problems and went back to Juki's made in Japan model. 1508 ? I think.
By Matt Hamblin
From my understanding there are only a couple manufacturers of most industrial machines. Seiko and say Juki or Consew could have the same housing but have different internal parts. They may not all come from the same factory for final assembly but i believe the main body is pretty much sourced from the same one or two manufacturers.
By BigRig
@Matt Hamblin , I never would have thought this myself but googling who makes Adler I came across a China company that had Consew, Seiko, Adler, and a few other names kinda suprised me actually.
Matt Hamblin liked this

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: