Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
Type M triple transport sewing machine sounds like a dream.
LLeeT liked this
By LLeeT
Pretty cool machine. Like to have one but a bit pricey for me for the amount of work that I do.
John liked this
By BigRig
@LLeeT , I favor repair work and vintage sewing so am not sure I need a machine that performs so well. I do a load of sewing but still cant come up with the thought of spending that $ yet.
John, LLeeT liked this
By Adam12
A dream machine for sure, and i'm gonna keep dreaming. I have a couple older adlers and they are outstanding but i couldn't justify buying a new one when a new consew or juki comes in at half the price and will make me just as much money. At the end of the day, no one will know if your stitches were made with a $6000 machine or a $600 machine. But holy crap have you seen the bobbin size on the 967?!!? Maybe one day
John liked this
By BigRig
@Adam12 , I am 100% on board with you. I wont make a return like that for such a fancy machine with the work I am doing. I have not seen the size of it yet.
By BigRig
@John, the needles you gave me for my OLD adler are so perfect for welting I was burning a foot of welt in about 03 seconds. I love that machine for certain things and cannot use it for other things.
By Tackman
BigRig wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:14 am @Tackman , Isnt that Jacksew?
Not sure but China owns Phaff too I believe. Wild isn't it? Friggin China.
By BigRig
Really good at copying and some of their Jacsew units are like my very old Adler in looks.
By Tackman
BigRig wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:53 am Really good at copying and some of their Jacsew units are like my very old Adler in looks.
But I've found on China knock offs they are not as smooth and the steel is sub par in many parts. With the Made in Japan Juki the quality is still there.
By BigRig
@Tackman , my sewing machine mechanic told me the same about the steel and says that the screw heads strip in the castings.
By BigRig
@Tackman , that computer is helpful on that Juki for upholstery and cover work?
Top stitch question

I should have said SHORTEN instead of tighten.

are your relief cuts on the stitch side. not on th[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]