Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
Hi everyone,

I heard from a friend that Pfaff at one point made a unique sewing machine that allowed you to sew with multiple different colors of thread. E.g. you could sew a stitch with a blue thread, then for your next stitch switch to a red thread. Both of the blue and red spools would be loaded into the machine; you didn't need to swap out the thread spools in order to change colors. I think the machine used multiple different needle bars that could be swapped out automatically through a mechanism on the machine.

I don't know the name of model of this machine but I'm very eager to see if I can find it. If anyone has ever heard of a machine like this, please let me know! Even machines beyond Pfaff would interest me.

Thank you very much!
Your friend was mostly likely referencing an embroidery machine. No lock stitch machine is capable of that, it would be an engineering miracle. There are multi colored threads that fade from one color to the next, that's the only way i can come up with to change colors on a lock stitch but you don't get to pick which stitches get which color.
MalcolmM, John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: