By DeeSee
Hey all- Can anyone answer my question about glue leaving "bacon grease like" stains on the front side of the fabric material. I am doing a neighbor's 63 Plymouth interior and he picked a grey fabric- it seems to be bleeding thru as you can see from the picture.
Is it the fabric material- is there something that WOULD work on the fabric? Is it the spray gun set up? The spray gun dries sooo fast that I can't even get the fabric to stick to the foam after spraying both.) I've had my onstaff mechanic check out the gun, the new glue, the 60 gallon air compressor- he came up with the same things I did... its just that I never know when its going to happen next-on the test fabric or the panel that I've made. Even though I have 5 gallons of this glue, I've gone back to cans of the spray glue. HELP!! :worried:
By John
What are you gluing the fabric to? If its just to back the fabric with foam before sewing I always use cheep spray can glue. Thin woven fabric like that the contact cement will bleed through very easily. You need to get the spray pattern as fine as possible. What gun are you using? How far away are you holding the gun away from the fabric when spraying?
Thinning the glue a but with acetone can help get the spray finer.
MalcolmM liked this
By BigRig
Your answer to that question is right in the pictures. You have to have that glue to a certain weight on that fabric and concentrated blobs will bleed through. I think you are thinking of adhering fabric to foam. John suggests the temp tack just to keep the fabric on the foam for sewing perimeter stitch. If not sticking are you spraying both sides fabric sides? It is contact cement and both surfaces need adhesive to bite each other.
By DeeSee
Thank you thank you. You don't know ( and I didn't say..) how many different variables we ( myself and husband and another car guy friend) experimented with last weekend! Its a larger nozzled spray gun from the fabric store (NEW)and Dap/ weldwood/ Landau contact cement in a 5 gallon container (thats new too). Its the fabric. It was all just practice on foam and fabric and cardboard- To get the spray pattern the way it explains in the videos. Good to know that there is someone else "out there".

P.S. I just love these videos. I play them in the background when I'm sewing to reenact the instructor walking around like a shop teacher.
MalcolmM, John liked this
By BigRig
@Revv Up , very good point there. I have put a bolt in the bottom of mine due to the breaking off of the valve doing mobile work. Do you think that condensation can escape through the other valves ie: airhose or relief valve?

Hallo people from the Lucky Needle upholstery foru[…]

I wonder how old this furniture is. I prefer the n[…]

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Interior led lights

not sure if they have what you need but try superb[…]