Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By ctmk2
Hey everyone!

Thought I’d introduce myself somewhere here. I’m here on the Connecticut shoreline, in the middle of boat territory, focusing on auto upholstery!

I’ve really been enjoying the forums and knowledge available here. It’s great to have the ability to peruse posts, never know what you may learn!

I’ve been teaching myself auto upholstery for a few years now and previously worked in interior restoration at a local shop installing pre-made carpets/interiors, and installed quite a few convertible tops over the years. Out of necessity and to fix poor fitting covers, I picked up an older consew 206RB about 8 years ago.

I Left that job for better pay 4 years ago in a different field, but never stopped learning. After a few years I’ve decided to take on more work in the hopes of starting my own business.

Anyhow sorry for the long intro. On to the fun stuff!

Just finished this interior for a buddies K5 blazer project. Not perfect, a little more loose than I like to let go, but I tried a lot of different techniques on this one, and changed a few of my procedures for the better.

Customer chose the carhartt material and we Tried to keep the project looking like something that could have been original in 1980. The leather “camper special” patches were laser etched by a buddy of mine in town.

Currently working on some carpets and interior panels for a very modified vw beetle.

By Mtl_Biker
Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you've done an incredibly nice job on all that! And it's all done with your Consew? Kudos to you!
John liked this
By ctmk2
Thank you!

Yes everything done on my 500$ Craigslist find Consew 206RB. I’d like to upgrade to a 206RB-5 or the seiko equivalent. But now I’m a little attached to my old machine at this point!

My workspace is very small so I’m kind of forced to keep it neat and tidy, everything has a home lol

I have some basic upholstery experience but have b[…]

Boat project

Wow, that's a lot of curves for your first project[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]