By Susy
How much of a deposit do you guys typically ask for?
By John
On most jobs %50 is standard. Sometimes on really large jobs I will allow it to be broken up in to 3-4 payments.
Whatever you do dont ever start a job with a new customer with out getting a deposit first.
By Cody
Also, never let the work go without receiving the remainder
John, Cale liked this
By John
Lol oh Yeah good one @Cody. Youll only make that mistake once lol I sure did.
Cale liked this
By Cale
I had a customer that I did several jobs for and on the last job that I did for him he wanted to pay me in payments. He had always paid hi bills with me so I agreed. And that was the last time that I saw him or the $10,000 paint job that I did on his truck.
By Susy
@Cody that sucks.
I'm not sure what the stanDard is but I've been asking for my cost of material ×2 for a deposit. That way I know my cost is covered. I also don't let the 'work' leave until it's payed in full.
Kra z Bill, John liked this
By Trimmerman79
For me since I do other things other then upholstery on project builds, I require all parts and materials paid in full. Labor is 50% deposit and remaining paid at pickup. I know with some larger builds you could break it up the balance payment if you want. I know square and paypay business allows payment arrangements to charge the customers card on file. It will charge the date you set and the customer won’t be able to remove the card. It will charge that card if they have money on it or not. Doing it this way makes them stay to their word on payment.
John liked this
By Revv Up
@Trimmerman79 Good to know about payment scheduler, I use both those apps and didn’t realize the option was there.
John liked this
By Trimmerman79
Revv Up wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 am @Trimmerman79 Good to know about payment scheduler, I use both those apps and didn’t realize the option was there.
Yeah, I have used it on the square before for recurring payments. Allows you to save the card on file. On PayPal invoice, I just put the deposit amount that they need to pay before I even take the car in.
By BigRig
Burnt and more burnt is the payment methods I know :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
John liked this
By Trimmerman79
Revv Up wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 am @Trimmerman79 Good to know about payment scheduler, I use both those apps and didn’t realize the option was there.
So on the square, you would need to get them to fill out a form to keep the card on file also.
Last edited by Trimmerman79 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
John liked this
By John
That's good to know! I wasn't aware of those options either.
By Trimmerman79
John wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:15 am That's good to know! I wasn't aware of those options either.
Yeah works just like a subscription you would pay each month. The same card would keep getting charged the amount you set. That only on Square. PayPal business allows them to make payments to the invoice balance til paid in full. You just send them a reminder to make a payment from the same invoice. They can make a payment then.
John liked this

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: