Hello! So I've taken on what I thought would be an incredibly simple project... How wrong I was!

I've inherited an extremely nice looking mid century Danish (at least in style) chair from my grandmother. Amazing condition still, however the rubber straps had perished due to age. Figured this wouldn't be an issue to replace however it's giving me a real headache.

Basically, the clips available (standard ones you clamp together) seem to be far too wide for the slot they sit in. Today I decided to widen the slot to if that would, however it still won't sit on well due to being too shallow!

The original straps had a singular piece of metal incorporated into the rubber which acted as the clip/anchor in the slots, and I wondered if there was something similar on the market I can get to make my life easier. Photographs below. Any help at all would be massively appreciated. Thank you

Hi Tony, there’s a few videos on YouTube which cover exactly what you’re asking. In their search box type in “ how to replace rubber webbing”. View some of them and I’m sure you’ll find exactly what you need. Good luck with your project. The chair looks good and will only need a furniture oil on the wood to restore its original beauty.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: