By PhilipL
I want to make cushions for inside a boat. These are not completely rectangular - boats rarely are. The simplest technique seems to be to make box cushions but all the info I have seen demonstrates with either square or rectangular foam. I can't see why this box technique wouldn't work where there are two smaller ends of different sizes. Am I missing something?
By TedP
These base cushions are fully boxed . . . and not square/rectangular. Same idea as just the top & bottom panels are the desired shape.
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3899.JPG (198.86 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
By PhilipL
Ah, there is a difference in terminology here. I meant that there was only one upper panel (including the sides) which is then attached to one lower panel. I have been looking at the Sailrite site and the way they talk about box cushions is different from the way others do.
By TedP
PhilipL wrote:Ah, there is a difference in terminology here. I meant that there was only one upper panel (including the sides) which is then attached to one lower panel. I have been looking at the Sailrite site and the way they talk about box cushions is different from the way others do.
OK, I get it . . . Boxed cushion using only 2 pieces of fabric (right?).

Essentially, all of your edges would need to be straight (IMO), as it would be difficult for the single top piece to form curved sides.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: