By twist
Hey there. Bought a motorcycle. Came with an expensive, aftermarket seat. I hate it. Looking to either have one done, or try my hand at it. To get one made is ~$500. Just not sure after supplies and my time if it'll be worth doing it myself. I'm not looking to do any more after this.

Question is, I need someone to point me in the right direction for materials. I hear high density for the lower, and lower density for the top. Then some type of memory foam for the last year? Covered by vinyl? Do I have that correct? Getting overwhelmed with information.

Could really use someone to tell me what foam to get and where to order. Boom. Boom. Done.

Thanks.
By Adam12
Do you already own a capable sewing machine? If not, it makes no sense to try it yourself knowing you dont intend to continue sewing. You'll spend $500 or better for a proper machine and it will be old and won't have reverse. Granted a machine will retain its value and could be re sold after the project. But if you are not interested in continuing after this project, i see well more than $500 worth of headache in your future trying to do it yourself. I say take it to a pro.
By twist
My wife has all the stuff. But I wasn't intending on sewing. Was going to lay the foam, use the spray glue which I already have, an electric knife to carve to size, then finally wrap it in vinyl. I have a pneumatic staple gun already. Just use 1/4" staples to the seat pan.
By Adam12
Sounds like you have a better handle on the scope of it than i had given credit, my apologies. Albright's supply has a reasonable selection of foam
By John
Can you post a picture of the seat? Most often seats cant be covered wrinkle free with out sewing some seams.
Boat project

Looks good, never seen a Titan before but it looks[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]