By miket
This will be my 1st project.
They are in desperate need of replacement.
I am thinking of making the front 1 piece with no zippers and adding zippered roll ups on the side panels.
I have ordered the Sunbrella and Regalite for the windows.
20180913_172711.jpg
20180913_172711.jpg (576.97 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
20180917_173216.jpg
20180917_173216.jpg (538.29 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
20180917_173247.jpg
20180917_173247.jpg (729.3 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
CnC liked this
By Jayscanvas
Have you watched the sailrite videos? Also Boat canvas university is great it’s worth paying for the videos. Do you have a binder for your machine you will need it.
CnC liked this
By miket
Jayscanvas wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm Have you watched the sailrite videos? Also Boat canvas university is great it’s worth paying for the videos. Do you have a binder for your machine you will need it.
I have watched quite a few Sailrite videos.
I have a 3/4" binder that came with the machine.
By Jayscanvas
Ok it’s harder then that but I have no problems helping anyone get started. If you have Facebook look me up Jason Davis and you can pm me
miket, John, CnC liked this
By miket
Jayscanvas wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:13 pm Start with patterns off the boat
I never thought about Tyvek. I just purchased the pattern material from Sailrite but have a roll of Tyvek.
By Jayscanvas
Ok 3/4 is good but is very hard learn on I would buy a 1 inch easier to use and learn on
CnC liked this
By Jayscanvas
Pattern material is good but Tyvek is better. And buy tons of seam tape in all sizes you will need it
CnC liked this
By miket
Jayscanvas wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 pm Ok it’s harder then that but I have no problems helping anyone get started. If you have Facebook look me up Jason Davis and you can pm me
I have been doing metal work and fabricating all sorts of stuff for quite a while so the measuring and marking is very familiar. The materials and processes on the other hand are foreign to me.
I appreciate all the info!

ChevyCPro on FB.
By Jayscanvas
Regalite is good to learn on but once you start customer jobs only use strata or Osea it much harder to scratch and its hard to sell jobs with scratchs in them. Also use paper to protect your clears when working
miket, CnC liked this
By miket
Jayscanvas wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:32 pm Ok 3/4 is good but is very hard learn on I would buy a 1 inch easier to use and learn on
Ok
The 3/4 came with the machine but I will upgrade if it is worth it.
By Jayscanvas
3/4 is good but hard to learn but you will need both of you really want to learn. I use the 3/4 when making the custom weather flaps on my uzip windows
CnC liked this
By miket
Jayscanvas wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:39 pm Regalite is good to learn on but once you start customer jobs only use strata or Osea it much harder to scratch and its hard to sell jobs with scratchs in them. Also use paper to protect your clears when working
Yea the Regalite is for practice. Osea will be used in the future.
CnC liked this
By miket
Materials are in.
The "snowball effect" now kicks in
My existing top IS NOT Forest Green. lol
I like the Forest green much better so I decided to redo the top as well. I also realized it's not in the best shape after really looking at it.
I forgot my front bow is broke in half and duct taped together.
Of course I have an odd size frame so I've had no luck finding a replacement. The other option is going with a 6' frame instead of the existing 5'. I may have to trim the bottoms of a few rod holders but I believe it will work.
The only possible issue with that is it may put the top of the front panel out past the bottom. I kind of like that idea as I feel it might kill some morning /evening sun glare. IDK

Oh, and I forgot to order thread.
CnC liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]