By Dented
I've painted some of my trim black. The plastic at the bottom of the door opening gets hit every time someone gets in and out, and the paint comes off.

I'm looking for suggestions from you. Is there a HARD paint like a truck bed liner, or is there a good fabric to laminate to the pieces that would be durable?
By LostInTransit
It's common for the plastic trim to become scuffed while entering and exiting the vehicle. Painting over the plastic molding is not recommended as this will make the situation look even worse. One might get away with adding a metal blank over the are which would get scuffed up the most.
By Mazda Carnage
Cerakote ceramic coating has air cure clear coats.

They are (as far as I can find so far) the hardest, most chemical resistant, wear resistant and UV resistant clear coats available.

-MC-156 is a high gloss ceramic clear (Hardess and highest scratch resistance of the 4 clears).
-MC-157 is a matte ceramic clear
Both have good adhesion to Metal and PVD (physical vapor deposition).
Both have excellent adhesion to Composites and Fiberglass and Plastics.

-MC-160 High gloss ceramic clear
-MC-161 Matte ceramic clear
These are also air cured clear ceramic coating, They have excellent adhesion to Metal, Hydrographics and PVD
and good adhesion to Composites and Fiberglass and Plastics.

Cerakote is expensive and the directions must be followed properly for good results, but when you need to protect something it's the best choice.

Cerakote comes in many series (Types), for me clear was required for a steering wheel insert and shift knob as well as Hydrographic dipped plastics so I looked into their clear coats.

Because you are willing/having to paint the trim, non clear cerakote might be a better choice and have greater wear resistance than the clear coats. You can Email Cerakote and tell them what you want to coat and and the color you want, they reply quickly and will tell you your best option for your application.

---------------------------------
Another option is clear wrap (the kind they use on cars), you would have to wrap the trim pieces over the edges and on to the back side, shrink it with heat and reinstall the trim. The wrap is not scratch or scuff proof but will protect the plastic underneath until it wears through.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: