By John
You will have lots of hours in to that job. I would probably charge around $2000 plus materials.
By Susy
@John the going rate here for upholstery is about $80/hr. When you say lots of hours how many would guesstimate?
By BigRig
@Susy,

Yes I could tell well that is awesome and of course Marine is the deal down there.
Susy liked this
By Cale
I have a door panel that I am wrapping but when I glue my foam to my material it makes creases when I try to glue it to the panel.

My question is can I glue the foam to the panel, sew my material how I want it and then glue the material over the fom that is glued to the panel?
By John
@Cale Yes any time you are trimming an concave shape with foam it will cause creases. You need to glue the foam down first and then glue the fabric down.
Cale liked this
By Cody
@Cale along with what @John said. Glue the foam down, trying to get it as smooth as possible. But luckily for foam. There you may get a wrinkle, you can sand it smooth. So you don’t see he wrinkle through the material
Cale liked this
By Susy
Hey guys
Im finally able to start these door panels.....what grit of sand paper should I use? Im putting the vinyl over the plastic....no foam. Thanks Im totally out of my comfort zone but am really excited to learn.
John liked this
By BigRig
@Susy
Helmitin 4510 all day long! You are looking at about $240.00 for 05 gallons to your door from Triden.
By Cody
@Susy i would use 120 or 180 grit. Any courser and you may see it through the material. Idk if any finer would work as it may not be enough.
John liked this
By BigRig

@Susy,

This was originally vinyl glued onto the plastic with some heavy duty glue. I was able to peel the vinyl away from the fabric back in a few places but eventually had to do a 02 stage sand. I ripped it down with a synthetic bristle brush on my drill then hand sanded with the 150 grit. You can see the fabric is not off but all is smooth and ready for recovering.
John liked this
By Susy
BigRig wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 am @Susy
Helmitin 4510 all day long! You are looking at about $240.00 for 05 gallons to your door from Triden.
I am extremely fortunate that my trinden rep lives 20 min from me........Ordered a 5gal and he delivered it to my door himself on a Saturday.....no shipping or dangerous goods charge....
By BigRig
@Susy, you have it totally made!!!! They are pretty good at selling you a yard or so of stuff and really helpful. You also have Morbern in Cornwall so try the best you can to buy local.

You saved $120.00 on shippping
By Susy
I'm finally done 😆😆😆😆
Cale liked this
By Cody
@Susy those turned out great! I’d be really happy with those.
By Susy
thanks i am....now im doing the seats and he wants a steering wheel cover
By BigRig
@susy, your rep may have explained the toxicity of 4510. This stuff is very toxic but great glue so wear a ventilator mask and have open ventilation. Symptoms from the glue are dizziness, overall sick feeling and wanting to vomit. If your feeling off spraying the glue I would get out into the fresh air.
Susy liked this
Top stitch question

Am I doing something wrong during my top stitch th[…]

Foam Backed Vinyl Suppliers

I agree with the just spraying the vinyl and foam […]

Furniture store

When seeking replacement furniture, consider your […]

Weldwood

I'm used to using Helmitin, or Helmiprene 4510. Wh[…]