General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Scott D
Find a cheap ping pong table, you only need to put down one side. When you're board you can play a game against yourself..
John, LeatherJohnny liked this
By Cody
I actually have my machine in a space off my dining area and use the kitchen table for almost everything. It’s not ideal but so far it’s been working for me. I have 2 cars in my garage being worked on. One restoring the other customized. My wife just bought a new dance studio and there is room in the back with an overhead door. Trying to figure out if I can make that work.
LeatherJohnny, John liked this
By Stiffchick
Glad im not the only one using a sheet of melamine, on a bed in the guest room :laughing: .I had to stand in the hallway to take the first pic. It's a tight fit, but normally there is not so much laundry. (I use the "table" to fold laundry too)
LeatherJohnny liked this
By BigRig
@Stiffchick ,

Hey that is really cool! I love the improvisation! I am in a basement, started out in the garage but it just got too cold for me. Until I can drywall, insulate and heat the garage I have to be in the basement. I am going to try and load a picture of my foam for you to see. You are not alone in stacking foam ha ha
John, Stiffchick liked this
By John
@Stiffchick That's awesome! I love seeing all the spaces everyone starts of in. Its proof you don't need a big fancy shop to produce quality work.
LeatherJohnny liked this
By John
Hey guys! I wanted to show you the table that I made to save space in my small garage. Its not the best thing I have ever worked on but the compromise for it being portable makes it a really nice option.
Bondo497, Revv Up, SmokinSCustoms and 2 others liked this
By LeatherJohnny
Really good idea!! You can set it up in only a couple minutes, and it seems really sturdy... one would not need lots of tools to make it and it would be very useful so that what we are sewing does not fall from the sewing machine table... :smiley: :smile:

Congratulations, and thank you very much for showing it to us! :wink:
John liked this
By Jayscanvas
As for the original question if I had 10 x 24 shop my table would be at least 6 feet wide maybe even 8 with on side against the wall and say 18 foot long. I would put my machine at one end and then the middle and end could be work space. Under the table should never shelves and racks for material if you use all the underside of your table it’s like doubling your square footage
Bondo497 liked this
By BigRig
@Revv Up ,

Another basement set up, you guys are in the same boat, get it ha ha
Revv Up liked this
By John
Welcome to the forum @Jayscanvas!!! Happy to have you here!!

Nice table set up! Do you use that Tyvec material for you paterns? Does it have a sticky back?
By John
Jayscanvas wrote:John the Tyvek is for Boat canvas enclosures
Copy that. Cool technique! For large canvas patterns Ive been using the 4mil plastic sheeting from homedepot. Do you like tyvec better?
Available Solana Nodes

I usually use one trusted resource that provides i[…]

The A. Leon Company was first established in 1909 […]

Newbie Pattern Question

Can you glue it on to a piece of cardboard or boat[…]

Boat project

Looks great!