General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Benny8
Hey everyone, my wife(Sarah) and I, just bought a 1972 Chevy Nova that needs full resto. This is a project for us, our daughter, my Dad and my Dads buddy. I am a toolmaker by trade and have refurbished a 1976 Starcraft Boat. I make hunting knives. I design and make hunting trail camera mounts, grunt calls and various other 3D printed parts .I also build cabinets and furniture. We both have sewed a bit. Cars are something I don't have much experience with. Thankfully my Dad raced for 10 years and grew up in the muscle car era. His buddy was a wrench and body man for various Chevrolet dealerships so I am in good hands. We have a custom interior planned out for the Nova, but the sewing machine we have will not cut the mustard for upholstery. We looked a various industrial walking foot machines and some sold quick or the cost combined with travel to get made us just buy a NC1 thru the Lucky Needle. I just signed up for the All in One Course and we look forward to getting started. Sarah has had three failed shoulder surgeries and her job is very hard on her. Our hope is that with Johns course in some time, we might be able to start a small upholstery business that can be her main income. For now, we will sponge up the knowledge that John has shared and what you folks share on this forum. I look forward to learning and contributing to this forum.
Aaron
vicstric liked this
By John
Hey! Sorry to everyone for not responding in a little while. I’m currently in the process of driving all my equipment and possessions from California to my new home in Alabama. My 20ft box truck is only able to do 65 on the flats. So it’s taking quite a bit longer :grin: :tired_face:

@Benny8 so happy to have you on the form! Welcome! This forum is a fantastic resource! I can’t wait to see you project come to life!

Also it’s 100% possible to use these courses and start a successful business. Many people on here have done exactly that! Just to name a few @BigRig @Benny8 @Matt Hamblin @vicstric
@JamesLey
As well as many others on here.

I look forward to seeing your successes!
JamesLey liked this
By Benny8
John wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:45 am Hey! Sorry to everyone for not responding in a little while. I’m currently in the process of driving all my equipment and possessions from California to my new home in Alabama. My 20ft box truck is only able to do 65 on the flats. So it’s taking quite a bit longer :grin: :tired_face:

@Benny8 so happy to have you on the form! Welcome! This forum is a fantastic resource! I can’t wait to see you project come to life!

Also it’s 100% possible to use these courses and start a successful business. Many people on here have done exactly that! Just to name a few @BigRig @Benny8 @Matt Hamblin @vicstric
@JamesLey
As well as many others on here.

I look forward to seeing your successes!
Thanks John! The wife and I just started the apprentice course videos. We really need to get the new machine setup and some practice materials. Thanks again!
By Benny8
John Long wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm You will indeed enjoy the course Benny8. It will be money well spent if you never do anything but the Nova.

John
Thanks John! I totally agree. Have a great day!
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: