General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Matt Hamblin
I am looking at some different suppliers for various materials. Found Relicate in NY has a nice selection of higher end leathers and vinyl. Got some samples from them that look very professional.

My question is to anyone that has used them, what did they think of their product? I thought it was strange that their poly thread is about half the price of the same size roll from Albright's. So I am unsure of their quality.

Just would like some other input before I try some new things and can't afford to waste a lot of money if it isn't worth it.

Thanks in Advance!
By Mikesimpson
Everything I have gotten from Relicate has been very high quality. The Serafil thread they sell is pretty much all I use now for any top stitching. Spend the money and get the sample card for all the colors of thread because they have a ton of options. Only down side I found was they only sell size 92 thread in black, so I've had to get that size from the thread exchange for some projects. But you cant go wrong with anything they sell, top notch. And great customer service.
John, Matt Hamblin liked this
By cate.bolt
I've ordered from them several times. Almost always great service and they really only sell high quality stuff, so you can't really go wrong. Apply for the wholesale pricing if you haven't already. They aren't massive discounts but they add up quickly.
Matt Hamblin liked this
By John
I have only purchased thread from them and its great thread. Don't know why Albrights thread is more expensive especially because its not near as good at the Amman serafil and serabond threads from relocate. I just wish they sold bigger spools.

I haven't purchased any leather from them yet but I have only heard great things about it.
Matt Hamblin liked this
By Matt Hamblin
Thank you for all the input!

I will definitely have to give their thread a try then. Tired of spending so much on thread that is just ok. I have some carpet samples from them for another job and they looked great. Only issue i had was the shipping took about a week and a half. But i have only gotten some samples so maybe on a full order it'll be better.
By MalcolmM
I have bought Serabond thread in V92, V138 & V207, the Aman product is great for bonded polyester and the 1lb spools are a bargain per ounce compared to other vendors. Good vendor to deal with in my experience.
Matt Hamblin liked this
By John
@Matt Hamblin Also if they dont stock the size your looking for, Brytech in florida and a good selection of Amman threads as well.
Matt Hamblin, MalcolmM liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: